DRAFT Make suggestion.
1st Creative use of Cloud Computing Contest
PetiteCloud is a 100% Free Open Source and Open Knowledge Cloud Foundation Layer for small non-data center mini-/private- clouds. PetiteCloud can be used either alone or in conjunction with higher-layer cloud platforms to make the latter more stable, more robust, and easier to install. PetiteCloud runs on a variety of host operating systemss and hypervisors. PetiteCloud provides a range of backing store (aka storage) options, including bare metal. PetiteCloud has the following capabilities and charateristics:
- Two known production installations (please let us know if you're using it in production too)
- Full Cloud Foundation Layer control of all your instances on one screen
- Instances can be migrated from any PetiteCloud host to any other without modification
- Instance import and backup.
- Instances are not required to be modified in any way.
- Network Topology (real and virtual) can be left in place in the vast majority of small clouds
- API (documentation forthcoming)
- Sample code
- Multiple data formats supported (currently JSON and Java-to-Java message passing)
- Callable from command-line (other calling mechanisms coming soon)
- Implementation language neutral
- New data formats and calling mechanisms "plugins" (we need a better name for this)
- Rudimentary Plugin Framework (documentation forth coming)
- Customizable Script Fragment Templates (documentation forth coming)
- Highly modular design
- Growing list of providers of products and services for PetiteCloud based mini-/private clouds
- Active discussion list and developer community
Seeking contributors and service providers